Humantay lake is located north of Cusco, just behind the legendary snow mountain Apu Salkantay, which rises to over 6,000 metres and is one of the most powerful mountain gods of the Incas. Only 3 hours driving from Cusco (110 km by car) and 1 hour hike up (3km). Humantay lake day trip is the best option to enjoy the beautiful snow mountains in an exhilarating one day trip from Cusco. During our trip you will marvel at expansive vistas of mountains and deep valleys and enjoy the alpine beauty of Humantay Lake. You will also meet excellent tour guides, savour great local food and have fun memories of the Andes.
Day 01: Mollepata – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Cusco
Our professional tour guide will pick you up at your homestay, hostel or hotel between 4:20 to 4:40 hrs. You must tell our Travel company where you are staying one day before departure and be ready and waiting for pickup.
Temperature during the first hours of our Humantay lake tour is cold ( 5 to 9°C ) that why you need to bring one extra warm sweater, jacket, hat and gloves. These will keep you comfortable during this driving time to Mollepata. After 2 hours driving we will arrive at Mollepata where we will stop for breakfast and get last things you forgot to buy in Cusco like water and snacks.
After breakfast there is 1 more hour by car to Soraypampa. Once we arrive at this high mountain plateau we will be able to see the beautiful mountains Apu Salkantay (6230 meters above sea level) and Humantay (5250 meters above sea level). After a short time to prepare and gather our day packs, we start the 1 hour trek to Humantay Lake (about 3 km.) The way up to Humantay Lake is steep however our group is small and our guide will let you take your time to enjoy and arrive without pressure.
After enjoying our first view of Humantay Lake there is a optional small climb above the lake to the right or left where you can enjoy a panoramic view.
Next we have the easy part of our trek. We go downhill to Soraypampa for another hour. Then we will take our private transportation back to Mollepata where a local lunch will be waiting for us. Once we finish lunch we will go back to Cusco.
We will arrive at Cusco between 17:00 to 18:00 hrs
- Briefing before Humantay Trek.
- Professional Tour Guide all trip.
- Pick up from your homestay, hostal or hotel.
- Transportation from Cusco to SorayPampa.
- Transportation from SorayPampa to Cusco.
- First Aid Kit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- Hot drinks at the restaurant.
- Extra Horse
- Entrance fee 10 soles
What you should bring:
- Small backpack (30 liters max).
- Warm sweater and Jacket.
- Rain Poncho or rain jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Comfortable pants.
- Sun hat.
- Camera or Phone.
- Personal Medication.
Offer price per person!! $ 35.00 USD Group service of 20 people in Mini Van.
- 01 person $ 289.00 USD
- 02 persons $ 199.00 USD (Per person)
- 03 persons $ 169.00 USD (Per person)
- 04 persons $ 139.00 USD (Per person)
- 05 persons to more!! $ 99.00 USD (Per person)
Private Service Included:
- Pick up from the airport to the hotel/hostal in our private Mini Van or H1
- Professional Private Guide for the Humantay Lake
- Breakfast and buffet lunch
- Entrance fee to the Humantay Lake
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Trekking poles
Private Service Not Included:
- Horse rental one way opcional ($ 15.00 USD)