The Qhapaq Ñan (main route) was a network of roads that united the Inca State and served to politically and administratively integrate all the peoples that were being conquered by the Incas. The well-known Inca Trail that connects Ollantaytambo with Machu Picchu is no more than a part of the network of Inca roads that linked Cusco with Machu Picchu and other Inca cities.
Day 01 : Cusco – Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu.
Early in the morning between 3:40 A.M t0 4:00 A.M. we will pick you up from your hotel in our transportation, we provide you a box lunch then we go to the train station of Ollantaytambo where you are going to board the train leaving at 6:10 A.M. to following the route of the Urubamba river until km 104, arriving roughly around 7:30.am.
Once you arrive the 104 KM. our guide will be waiting you outside train station holding a signboard with your whole name, then we begin our trek at the archaeological site of Chachabamba (2150 m). After a brief visit to this fascinating archaeological complex with fountains and water channels, we will begin the ascent of approximately 03 hours to arrive the impressive archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (Forever Young).
We ascend to the highest point of the mountain where we can appreciate an exuberant tropical forest full of giant ferns and the diversity of plants with huge leaves typical of our Peruvian tropical jungle.
Immediately after enjoying our lunch on the way or in Wiñay Huayna archaeological site, we continue our walk until we reach the Puerta del Sol (Inti Punku), from where we will appreciate the majestic beauty of Machu Picchu left by our ancestors, a twisting gorge and forested peaks. After admiring this wonder we continue our journey until we reach the citadel of Machu Picchu where we can take pictures and rest for a while before continuing our trip to the town of Aguas Calientes.
Note: We must remember that our visit in Machu Picchu will be the second day in the morning.
Later we will take the bus that will take us to the town of Aguas calientes (30 minutes bus ride), and spend the night in a comfortable hostel.
Meals: Box Lunch – Dinner
Estimated Walking Time: 6-7 Hours
Day 02: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
We get up early for breakfast and then go about 30 minutes by bus to Machupicchu citadel, where we enjoy a spectacular view of the city, once at Machupicchu we will get time for the classic and panoramic pictures, we get into the ruins to have the guided tour for 2.5 hours approx. where we will explore the archaeological complex such as inca´s enclosures, plazas, fountains, sacred temples, urban and agricultural sector, condor´s temple and so on!
After guide tour in Machupicchu we walk down to Aguas Calientes town (Bus down optional), Then you take the train at 15:20 (Included) for 1.5 hours to Ollantaytambo train station where our transfer will be waiting you at the exit of the train station to pick you up and the transfer you to Cusco for one hour and 30 minutes bus rides by car, arriving to Cusco roughly at 19:00 pm, and we will drop you off around main square.
(Depending on the availability of the travel date): Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 70.00 USD)
If you want to stay longer in Machu Picchu and climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu has an additional cost of $ 70.00 USD, because it is required to make the extra purchase of another entrance to Machu Picchu in a mandatory manner including entry to one of the mountains of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, since there is no individual income for any of these mountains, this regulation only applies to the original excursions of inca trail, because once reserved and purchased the special permit for the Inca Trail, only the entrance to Machu Picchu is included, that’s why to climb any of the mountains is optional but not for other alternatives options such as the Salkantay trekking, inka jungle trail, Machu Picchu one day by train, Machu Picchu by van and so on!
Estimated Walking Time: 4-5 Hours
- Pick up from the airport to the hotel / airport (Last day)
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train Station
- Train Service from Ollantaytambo to Km 104 (Chachabamba)
- Bus down from Machu picchu to Aguas Calientes town (1st day)
- Train return from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus return from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu.
- Special permit for inca trail
- Professional guide
- 01 Box Lunch
- 01 dinner
- 01 Breakfast
- Vegetarian or vegan food (Optional)
- Hostal accommodation in Aguas Calientes town. (Shared room service)
- Breakfast (First day)
- Lunch and Dinner (Second day)
- Bus up from Aguas Calientes town to Machu picchu (2nd day)
- Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climbing depending on the availability ($ 70.00 USD) (Highly recommended, and so you will have more time in Machu Picchu, climbing the mountain, visit the Inca bridge, and you can perform other activities on your own)
- Your Original passport
- 02 bottles of reusable water, can be made of ecological glass, stainless steel or flexible silicone to pour water from plastic bottles and thus not contribute to the ecological disaster since plastic bottles are not allowed at least for Inca trail .
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink (1 liter)
- Hiking poles
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Toiletries (towel, soap, brush, toothpaste, toilet paper…)
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines and travelers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change
-Price 2020 in group service !! $ 469.00 USD (At least 02 people are required to open a new travel date)
The student will get a discount of $ 20.00 USD only for Machu Picchu ticket:
It must have the next requirements: The original student ID gives from the university in PVC material, university information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visit Machu Picchu, the discount until 25 years old.
01 Person only $ 570.00 USD