The Qhapaq Ñan (main route) was a network of roads that united the Inca State and served to politically and administratively integrate all the peoples that were being conquered by the Incas. The well-known Inca Trail that connects Ollantaytambo with Machu Picchu is no more than a part of the network of Inca roads that linked Cusco with Machu Picchu and other Inca cities.
Day 01 : Cusco – Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu
Early in the morning between 3:40 A.M t0 4:00 A.M. we will pick you up from your hotel in our transportation, we provide you a box lunch then we go to the train station of Ollantaytambo where you are going to board the train leaving at 6:10 am or 6:40 am. following the route of the Urubamba river until to reach the km 104, arriving roughly around 7:30.am.
Once you arrive the 104 KM. our guide will be waiting you at the train station, then we begin our trek at the archaeological site of Chachabamba (2150 m). After a brief visit to this fascinating archaeological complex with fountains and water channels, we will begin the ascent of approximately 03 more hours to arrive the impressive archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (Forever Young).
We ascend to the highest point of the mountain where we can appreciate an exuberant tropical forest full of giant ferns and the diversity of plants with huge leaves typical of our Peruvian tropical jungle.
After enjoying our box lunch on the way or in Wiñay Huayna archaeological site, we continue our walk until we reach the Puerta del Sol (Inti Punku), from where we will appreciate the majestic beauty of Machu Picchu left by our ancestors. After admiring this wonder we continue our journey until we reach the citadel of Machu Picchu where we can take pictures before continuing our trip to the town of Aguas Calientes.
Later we take the bus down to Aguas calientes (Included), and spend the night in a comfortable hostel.
Note: We must remember that our visit in Machu Picchu will be the second day in the morning.
Meals: Box Lunch – Dinner
Estimated Walking Time: 6-7 Hours
Day 02: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
We get up early for breakfast and then we take bus up to Machu Picchu (Included), once at Machupicchu we will get time for the classic and panoramic pictures, we get into the ruins to have the guided tour for about 2.5 hours approx. where we will explore the archaeological complex such as inca´s enclosures, plazas, fountains, sacred temples, urban and agricultural sector, condor´s temple and so on!
After guide tour in Machupicchu we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes (Included), Then you take the train at 14:55 pm, 15:20 pm or 16:25 pm depending on the availability of schedules (Included) then bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco dropping you off around main square.
(Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain $ 55.00 – According to availability)
If you want to stay longer in Machu Picchu and climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu has an additional cost of $ 55.00 USD, because it is required to make the extra purchase of another entrance to Machu Picchu, since there is no individual ticket for any of these mountains, this regulation only applies to the original excursions of inca trail, because once reserved and purchased the special permit for the Inca Trail, only the entrance to Machu Picchu is included.
Estimated Walking Time: 4-5 Hours
- Pick up from the airport to the hotel
- Transportation from Cusco to the Ollantaytambo train station
- Train service from Ollantaytambo to Km 104 (Chachabamba)
- Day 1 Bus down to Aguascalientes
- Day 2 Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguascalientes
- Return by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Return by bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- Special permit for inka trail
- professional guide
- Day 1 Box Lunch, 01 Dinner, 01 Breakfast
- Vegetarian or vegan food (optional)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 55.00 – Highly recommended, so you will have more time in Machu Picchu for the second time, climb the mountain…)
- UP-GRADE Return train to Vistadome – Panoramic ($ 35.00)
- Walking poles ($ 15.00)
- Day 1 Breakfast
- Day 2 Lunch and Dinner
- Your Original passport
- 02 bottles of reusable water, can be made of ecological glass, stainless steel or flexible silicone to pour water from plastic bottles and thus not contribute to the ecological disaster since plastic bottles are not allowed at least for Inca trail
- Student card ISIC (if applicable)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Hiking poles
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Toiletries (towel, soap, brush, toothpaste, toilet paper…)
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
- Extra Money
Group Service Cost:
(It is required at least 02 people to open a new annex and permit for a travel date)
Adult $USD 495.00
Student $USD 475.00
If you like to apply for the student price you need to comply with the next requirements Peruvian regulation for students. If you are a student, you need to send us a copy or picture of both side of your STUDENT CARD also a picture or photo of your PASSPORT in order to verify, to get discount. The student card must be an original student ID gives from the university in PVC material, and it must have the next requirements printed on it: University information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visit Machupicchu, the discount until 25 years old. ISIC cards are not valid for the discount.
It is higly recommended to reserve the Inca Trail at least 3 months in advance, because tickets and permits could run out quickly (Excluding February)